Thursday, January 3, 2013

Stuff To Post


I keep a file on my laptop of "Stuff To Post" which contains (not surprisingly) pictures I may want to post on Facebook. As I was doing a little computer clean-up, I noticed the folder had lots of good stuff in it that I never shared. Now that I have this fabulous new blog, I thought I'd give some a second chance.

This is one of my favorite pictures ever. It's from the amazing 1955 MoMA exhibit, The Family Of Man. Does anyone have the book? If so, please put the quote that is under this picture in the comments. I know it's great, but I can't find it anywhere.



I think I was worried about offending some of my friends on Facebook with this picture. So, I decided to post it on my completely public blog instead.



ACT-UP & Occupy Wall Street Unite! I wanted to use this as a profile pic, but the proportions didn't work.



I tried to post this picture of the dreamy Minnesota Viking, Chris Kluwe, but I had technical difficulties. ICYMI: Kluwe wrote the best pro-gay-marriage letter ever.


Here's a seed art portrait of Michele Bachmann from the Minnesota State Fair.


It turns out I have collected a lot of pictures of Michele "Crazy Eyes" Bachmann and her husband, Marcus "Ladybird" Bachmann.





I also seem to collect Tweets about the Bachmanns.

 Speaking of Marcus Bachmann and "Pray The Gay Away Therapy"...



Here are a couple of my favorite pictures from the Tumblr awesome people hanging out together. I have no idea what the first pair is doing together, but I would have loved to be at that party. The second pair definitely had a common interest to discuss, and I don't want any part of it.



LIZA!

I couldn't think of a reason to post this, but now, I can't think of a reason not to.
We all saw the strip billiards pictures this summer, but even fully clothed Prince Harry is a little naughty (and adorable).


Dear Kew Cricket Club: You have the worst bar and tea room ever.



Finally, I didn't post this after the election because I thought if I had one more #Schadenfreude post, I'd lose all my Republican friends.


2 comments:

  1. The Family of Man photo doesn't have a quote directly beneath it but the preceding page has the quote, "mercy has a human heart, pity a human face." Love the photo and cherish Family of Man! Mazel tov on the new blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's exactly the quote I was looking for. I think you might have given me The Family Of Man as a graduation present. I love it, but it's in storage right now. Also, big THANKS for the first ever comment on my blog.

      Delete