Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I ♥ Beyoncé

I was going to write a longer post about the whole Beyoncé lip-syncing the "Star Spangled Banner" non-controversy, but it got really complicated. I plan to go into tomorrow when I have more time, but for now, let me just say: I am on Team Beyoncé! Here's why.

1. I love this picture so much.



2. Destiny's Child vs. Nirvana is my favorite mash-up ever.



2.5 Speaking of Bootylicious...While I don't give a fuck if Beyoncé lip-synced to her own vocals at the inauguration, this is GENIUS (major props to Corey Craig):



3. If a) I had enough musical talent to have a cabaret act, and b) I could figure out how to make this song work for me as a man, "If I Were A Boy" would be the big show-stopper in my cabaret act. Added bonus: Beyoncé is the hottest fictional police officer ever in the video (and yes, I watched Third Watch).



4. Sugarland featuring Beyoncé performing "Irreplaceable" is my favorite crossover performance ever. (This song is also
on the set list of my imaginary cabaret act.)



5. Ten years ago, Beyoncé released what may have been the best pop song ever. Then, Outkast stole her thunder with "Hey Ya". Still, "Crazy In Love" is crazy brilliant.


So Bey-Bey, remember: Haters gonna hate--but haters only motivate.

UPDATE  I forgot another major reason. Beyoncé has what so many "celebrities" are sorely lacking in this cray-cray reality-tv world we live in today: MANNERS.

No comments:

Post a Comment