Wednesday, February 27, 2013

25 Things About Me

Remember the "25 Things About Me" thing that went around Facebook in 2009? ("Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are suppose to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it is because I want to know more about you.") Here are my 25 things:
 
A favorite Facebook pictures of myself from 2009.
1. I had almost finished this list when I clicked in the wrong place and lost everything. I swore, looked for a "save" option (there is none), and started over. That's how I roll.
 
2. I will not "tag" 25 people in this note. I'm a rule breaker, a renegade. (Actually, it's because tagging people seems too pushy, and I fear being seen as pushy.)

3. My parents do not like the name Chris.

4. I have read all of Shakespeare's plays.

5. It's driving me a little crazy that I do not have more options for formatting this list.

6. I was smart about baseball before I was smart about politics. In the fall of 1976, as I was turning 9, I rooted for the Yankees in the World Series and Ford in the Presidential election.

7. I am oddly fond of my tiny feet.

8. "Death Comes For The Archbishop" by Willa Cather is my favorite novel. At least it is at this moment. I reserve the right to change my mind. (Also, I wish I could put the title in italics rather than quotation marks. See #5.)

9. Of all the jobs I have had, the one I was best at, hands down, was camp counselor.

10. I will only get out of bed if the time ends in a 0 or a 5. Seriously.

11. Television is my second favorite thing in the world--which actually why I do not own a TV.

12. I refuse to give up my most favorite thing in the world.

13. Because I was a drama major, many people think I am/was an aspiring actor. I never was. I am a terrible actor. Really, God awful.

14. I was a Junior Master in the American Contract Bridge League, but my membership lapsed long ago.

15. Even though I think youngest children (like myself) have it best, I have always wanted a baby brother or sister.

16. At first I thought I was self-censoring this list because my nieces and nephews are among my Facebook friends. That's not really the reason. There are many things that, while I don't mind my friends knowing them, I don't want them posted on the Internet.

17. Most dogs like me. Cats, it seems, can take me or leave me.

18. I am very conflict-adverse. Almost pathologically so.

19. If I could pick any talent to have, it would be the ability to sing beautifully.

20. I hate putting things away. This probably says something about my personality that I don't want to know.

21. Whoever invented the BLT deserves a monument in my opinion.

22. I'm terrible at keeping in touch with friends and family, and I hate that about myself.

23. I love books--not just reading them but also owning them or even just holding them.

24. I have kept every letter I have gotten since leaving home for college 23 years ago. I miss real, old-fashioned letters delivered by the US Postal Service.

25. I rarely lie, but I often bend, fold, spindle or mutilate the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment