Thursday, April 18, 2013

Everythig I Know About Lexington & Concord Sung In 3 Minutes

Whether or not the attacker(s) intended it, there is clearly symbolic significance to the Boston Marathon bombing happening on Patriots Day; however, I could not tell you what that significance might be. Despite having lived in Boston for several years, I never really got into the whole Patriots Day thing. Perhaps it's because I know so little about the Revolutionary War. In fact, pretty much everything I know about it I learned from Schoolhouse Rock.


As great as the math and grammar segments of Schoolhouse Rock were, the American history ones are rather lacking. This is really just a bunch of names and phrases associated with the start of the American Revolutionary War rather randomly thrown out there instead of any sort of lesson. To be fair, history is much more complex than multiplication tables or grammatical rules, but wouldn't telling some sort of story have worked better. So really, it's not my fault that I'm woefully ignorant about our countries fight for independence; television failed to educate me properly.


No comments:

Post a Comment