Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Go Get 'Em, Tiger!

So, Justin Verlander was asked how he'd feel about having a gay teammate. He said he'd be cool with it.


(The "gay question" comes around the 1:50 mark.)

Justin Verlander was on my fantasy baseball team and he was also on my fantasy baseball team, so it's nice to know he's down with the gays. Still, I think it's hilarious that in the wake of the Big Gay Super Bowl, every professional athlete is apparently going to be asked about having teammate who's a little light in the cleats. While I don't usually like to compete in the Oppression Olympics and compare homophobia to racism, in this case I think it is instructive to think how ridiculous it would be for a reporter to ask an athlete if they would be okay playing with a black teammate.

While "researching" this post, I found my new favorite tumblr: justin verlander's butt.

You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment